Frequently Asked Questions
Ⓠ This has been working GREAT, but when I tried to get my spouse (or other family member in my house) started it said I couldn't...
Yes, sorry, you can only have one account per household.
Ⓠ I completed certification but I cannot access the Job Center, what's wrong?
If you have completed the 3 Certification Steps and the system keeps returning you back to the beginning of the process AND you have an email receipt confirming your completion of the certification process Click Here (you need to be logged in first) to submit your receipt for manual processing. Do to the high volume of support tickets, any other issue communicated here OTHER than a receipt from My PC Backup will be ignored.
Ⓠ I'm having trouble logging back into My Flex Job, what can I do?
If you are unable to log in to continue, the system says your e-mail is already in use etc. Click Here and fill out the Forgot Password form with the email address you used to create your account
Ⓠ I don't see enough jobs that I'd want/need to process.
Check back again tomorrow, we're always adding more!
Ⓠ What countries can I work from with My Flex Job?
MyFlexJob.com is currently available for people in the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Ⓠ When and how do I get paid?
MyFlexJob.com uses a versitile e-Wallet system that will allow you to get paid via direct deposit, debit/credit card, and good old fashioned check.
Most of the tasks that you complete will credit your account instantly, however some take 2-3 business days to be verified.
You can request payments as often as you like, but we do set a minimum request threshold of $50, just to help with processing fees and help you earn the most money possible...unfortunately we had to do this, because some people out there would request checks that cost more to send then they're worth.
ⓆHow Do I Get Email Headers?
Instructions for how to view headers
The email headers are generally hidden by most email programs. To see them requires a couple of steps, which vary depending upon the email program you use. Here are directions for some of the more common email clients (programs):
While you are viewing the message...
- Select View
- Select Options
- Outlook Express:
- Right-click on an email message in the Inbox
- Click on Properties on the menu that pops up.
- Select the Details tab.
- Click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top right of the message pane.
- Select Show Original. The full headers will appear in a new window.
- Under the "To address"
- click "Details"
- Yahoo mail
- click on "Standard Headers" on the right side, then
- click on "Full Headers"
- Login (the only client where you don't have the message open)
- Options(to the right of the "Contacts" tab)
- Mail Display Settings link under the Additional Options column.
- Message Headers.
- Select Full
- Click OK
- Go back to your Inbox and view your mail, which will now show the headers
- Click the "Blah Blah Blah" button.
- Select: View
- Click Headers
- Select All
- Click "View Full Headers"
- Other Email Client Or Having Trouble With Our Instructions
- Simply Search For how to include email headers in _______ (your email client )
- From time to time websites update/change the look of their sites, and this makes our instructions harder to use - if your email client has changed (or yours is not included) could you please send us what worked for you (along with the name of the client) using our contact form? Thank You!
Once you can see the headers, you need only highlight them with your mouse, then copy and paste them into our form.
ⓆStill Have Questions That Haven't Been Answered?
We do our best to answer most of the common questions in the Questions & Answers above...but sometimes you may still have questions, that's fine and that's why we're here! simply Click Here and fill out our contact form. But Please, do not ask us a question that is already answered above, our staff is very busy working on improving My Flex Job for you, and answering the same basic questions will distract them from more important matters. Thanks for your understanding.